Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hot summer fun in Rhode Island

To Downcity and an Open Air Market

My host says there's an old saying in New England: "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it'll change." As cold and wet as my first day was, my second was just as HOT and sunny! The thermometer read 100 degrees in the sun. Wow! Since the bus was free, my host took me
out on an adventure. We went to downcity Providence and visited an open air market. It's a community arts and crafts fair where people sell their home made items.

I wanted to buy this cool hat but it was too big.

I want to grow an herb garden.

After the market, we went to the huge mall to cool off. We took a skybridge from a hotel to the mall and I could see a whole lot of the city from there. Providence is the capital and largest city in Rhode Island. It is a mix of old (it was founded in the 1630s!) and new.



You can see more of my adventures in my photo album .

No comments: